Recording a permanent PSTN forwarded DDI
This is a regular BT trading business requirement scenario but I assume it may concern a more global scope.
The case: A trader has forwarded a line on a PSTN destination (eg mobile). Once done, any call received on this line is not recorded anymore (sip 301 moved permanently).
In certain circumstances, I managed to solve the problem by configuring Verba with SIPREC recording (kind of voice hairpining at PSTN gw) , but:
1. When line is not forwarded, calls will be recorded twice (active TPO recording + SIPREC)
2. Not always possible to configure SIPREC (Verba + PSTN SIP CUBE)
To my knowledge, none of the recorders I met so far proposes a solution to this problem, and trading companies are compelled to ask a costly recording service to their telco (mobile recording).
Thought one simple solution would consist in:
1. Instantiate a kind of proxy RTP server on Verba.
2. Programing a route on PBX (eg destination prefix preceeding PSTN destination)
3. PBX routes forwarded call to Verba proxy, that bridges the call to the PSTN destination, while recording it.
I know it is possible to configure Verba for RTP Proxy based recording (used for Skype recording), but I tried to play with it, but I do not think it's possible to use it this way.
Daniel COHEN / AXYLINK SA